Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lab 6-Week 7






Overall I was really amazed by this lab, and for the first time I felt like I was doing real GIS work. I was really impressed on how it all came together in the end, and how easy it was to manipulate the maps and show the different features of them so easily. The pitfall to spatial analysis as it pertains to the lab was that if I was someone who has never worked with GIS before, I would be very confused what I was looking at. I was very confused what I was looking at, because I didn’t really have an understanding of what I was doing with the maps, or what they were showing. Also I think another pitfall of this was that I think that maps were kind of limited in what they could do, how each one only had one function. I think that they’re a lot of potential for this subject and for this lab. Therefore you could use this subject to describe anything I feel like. Because in the original direction said your were supposed to kind a subject that interest you, therefore showing that you could use this for any subject out there.  To me the potential are that I really enjoyed working with this kind of maps, and that it made me excited to work with this kind of system more. Also this was probably one of the most straight forward labs we have done, therefore making the whole experience a lot more enjoyable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment